Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Climate & Temperature
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa is at 40°30'N, 80°13'W, 359 m (1178 ft). See map.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, hot summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 10.2 degrees Celsius (50.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.6 °C (46.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.4°C (36.4°F) on average falling to -6.1°C (21.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15.5°C (59.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.9°C (39°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.1°C (80.8°F) and average low temperatures are 15.3°C (59.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 16.9°C (62.4°F) during the day and lows of 6.3°C (43.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 935.9 mm (36.8 inches) which is equivalent to 935.9 Litres/m² (22.96 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2378 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Climate Graph in Metric Units
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cleveland, Ohio, Usa - 170.9 kms (106.2 miles) NW
- Youngstown/ Oh, Usa - 91.6 kms (56.9 miles) NNW
- Chippewa Lake, Oh, Usa - 159.5 kms (99.1 miles) WNW
- Warren, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Millport, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Akron, Oh, Usa - 111.8 kms (69.5 miles) WNW
- Wooster, Oh, Usa - 148.5 kms (92.3 miles) WNW
- Wellsburg, Wv, Usa - 87.9 kms (54.6 miles) SW
- Philo, Oh, Usa - 161.9 kms (100.6 miles) WSW
- Mcconnelsville, Oh, Usa - 169.4 kms (105.3 miles) SW
- Spencer, Wv, Usa - 181.5 kms (112.8 miles) SSW
- Buckhannon, Wv, Usa - 169.3 kms (105.2 miles) S
- Glenvilleene, Wv, Usa - 183.8 kms (114.2 miles) SSW
- Erie, Pa, Usa - 174.2 kms (108.3 miles) N
- New Castlen, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Franklin, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Greenville, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Johnstown, Pa, Usa - 111.6 kms (69.4 miles) E
- Uniontownne, Pa, Usa - 80.7 kms (50.1 miles) SSE
- Elkins/ Randolph Co, Wv, Usa - 184.3 kms (114.5 miles) S