Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Climate & Temperature
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa is at 40°30'N, 80°13'W, 359 m (1178 ft). See map.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, hot summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 10.2 degrees Celsius (50.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.6 °C (46.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.4°C (36.4°F) on average falling to -6.1°C (21.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15.5°C (59.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.9°C (39°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.1°C (80.8°F) and average low temperatures are 15.3°C (59.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 16.9°C (62.4°F) during the day and lows of 6.3°C (43.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 935.9 mm (36.8 inches) which is equivalent to 935.9 Litres/m² (22.96 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2378 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cleveland, Ohio, Usa - 170.9 kms (106.2 miles) NW
- Youngstown/ Oh, Usa - 91.6 kms (56.9 miles) NNW
- Chippewa Lake, Oh, Usa - 159.5 kms (99.1 miles) WNW
- Warren, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Millport, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Akron, Oh, Usa - 111.8 kms (69.5 miles) WNW
- Wooster, Oh, Usa - 148.5 kms (92.3 miles) WNW
- Wellsburg, Wv, Usa - 87.9 kms (54.6 miles) SW
- Philo, Oh, Usa - 161.9 kms (100.6 miles) WSW
- Mcconnelsville, Oh, Usa - 169.4 kms (105.3 miles) SW
- Spencer, Wv, Usa - 181.5 kms (112.8 miles) SSW
- Buckhannon, Wv, Usa - 169.3 kms (105.2 miles) S
- Glenvilleene, Wv, Usa - 183.8 kms (114.2 miles) SSW
- Erie, Pa, Usa - 174.2 kms (108.3 miles) N
- New Castlen, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Franklin, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Greenville, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Johnstown, Pa, Usa - 111.6 kms (69.4 miles) E
- Uniontownne, Pa, Usa - 80.7 kms (50.1 miles) SSE
- Elkins/ Randolph Co, Wv, Usa - 184.3 kms (114.5 miles) S