Climate of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa Average Weather
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa is at 40°30'N, 80°13'W, 359 m (1178 ft). See map.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, hot summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 10.2 degrees Celsius (50.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.6 °C (46.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.4°C (36.4°F) on average falling to -6.1°C (21.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15.5°C (59.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.9°C (39°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.1°C (80.8°F) and average low temperatures are 15.3°C (59.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 16.9°C (62.4°F) during the day and lows of 6.3°C (43.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 935.9 mm (36.8 inches) which is equivalent to 935.9 Litres/m² (22.96 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2378 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cleveland, Ohio, Usa - 170.9 kms (106.2 miles) NW
- Youngstown/ Oh, Usa - 91.6 kms (56.9 miles) NNW
- Chippewa Lake, Oh, Usa - 159.5 kms (99.1 miles) WNW
- Warren, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Millport, Oh, Usa - 85.1 kms (52.9 miles) NW
- Akron, Oh, Usa - 111.8 kms (69.5 miles) WNW
- Wooster, Oh, Usa - 148.5 kms (92.3 miles) WNW
- Wellsburg, Wv, Usa - 87.9 kms (54.6 miles) SW
- Philo, Oh, Usa - 161.9 kms (100.6 miles) WSW
- Mcconnelsville, Oh, Usa - 169.4 kms (105.3 miles) SW
- Spencer, Wv, Usa - 181.5 kms (112.8 miles) SSW
- Buckhannon, Wv, Usa - 169.3 kms (105.2 miles) S
- Glenvilleene, Wv, Usa - 183.8 kms (114.2 miles) SSW
- Erie, Pa, Usa - 174.2 kms (108.3 miles) N
- New Castlen, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Franklin, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Greenville, Pa, Usa - 56.8 kms (35.3 miles) NNE
- Johnstown, Pa, Usa - 111.6 kms (69.4 miles) E
- Uniontownne, Pa, Usa - 80.7 kms (50.1 miles) SSE
- Elkins/ Randolph Co, Wv, Usa - 184.3 kms (114.5 miles) S